As the title goes, it is on MSDN ready for downloading. Here are the links.
Get an early look at Visual Studio 2008
The next version of Visual Studio, Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2008, will provide an industry-leading developer experience for Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system, and the Web. In addition, it will continue in the Microsoft tradition of development language innovation. To enable early feedback, this page provides links to prerelease versions of Visual Studio 2008, and for technologies that we plan to include in it. As previews of additional technologies become available, we will make them available from this page.
We encourage you to download and try these early releases. Before installing a release, review the prerequisites as some releases may require additional software prior to installation. As with all prerelease software, we encourage you only to install these on a secondary machine, or in a virtual machine, as they are not supported by Microsoft Services support teams. As the goal of these previews is to gather feedback from the developer community, please use Microsoft Connect to report any issues, or to suggest improvements.
Installation Disc Images
If you prefer to install the software yourself, you can download separate disc images for the following products:
- Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition Beta 2
- Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition Beta 2
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 – Team Suite Beta 2
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 – Team Foundation Server Beta 2
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 – Test Load Agent Beta 2
- MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2
- After the Beta 2 installation has finished, you should run this script to ensure that the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2 will not affect the development of ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 applications.
- To install Team Foundation Server, you must follow the steps and system requirements details on the download page.
- When installing prerelease software, we advise that you do not install it on a production machine.
If you prefer the convenience of evaluating prerelease software in a virtual machine environment, you can download VPC images for the following products that include pre-installed instances of the prerelease software indicated, including any required prerequisite software. You will need Virtual PC or Virtual Server to run this image. Depending on your hardware, the download files make take between 30-60 minutes to decompress these self-extracting files.
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 – Team Suite Beta 2 VPC
- Visual Studio Team System 2008 – Team Suite & Team Foundation Server Beta 2 VPC
- After extracting and opening the VPC, you should run this script to ensure that the installation of .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 2 will not affect the development of ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 applications.
Visual Studio Express Editions
Visual Studio Express Editions are lightweight, easy-to-use and easy-to-learn tools for the hobbyist, novice and student developer.