For those who can’t wait, here’s how you manually update your Nexus One to Froyo.
- Download the update from Google – http://android.clients.google.com/packages/passion/signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip
- Rename the file update.zip and copy it to your microSD card via USB.
- Turn off your Nexus One.
- Press “Volume Down” button together with the “Power” button to get to the safe-mode screen.
- Press the “Volume Down” button ONCE to choose the “RECOVERY” option. Press the “Power” button to select it.
- When you see the triangle with an exclamation point symbol, press the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time.
- From the menu that appears, select “Apply sdcard:update.zip.”
- It should reboot by itself. If not, select “reboot system now” and wait for the phone to power back up.
Go to “Settings” and “About Phone” and you should see “Android version 2.2”. Enjoy.