The update got pushed out a few days ago, but for those who haven’t gotten the update (like myself), here are the instructions to update your Nexus One. This update is mainly bug fixes.
Update instructions are as follows:
- Download the Android 2.2.1 firmware for the Nexus One Here (FRF91 to FRG83 update)
- Rename the file update.zip and copy it to your microSD card via USB. [Note: make sure the file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip.]
- Power down your Nexus One
- Hold down the “Volume Down” button as you power the phone back on.
- A screen should appear showing your phone’s system searching for various files. Scroll down to “recovery” and press the “Power” button.
- When you see the triangle with an exclamation point symbol, press the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time.
- From the menu that appears, select “Apply sdcard:update.zip.”
- When the screen displays “Install from sdcard complete” select “reboot system now” and wait for the phone to power back up. (this will take some time)