Connectify 2.1 is available now, and it has come a long way. I’ve been using Connectify since it first came out and it’s the best thing that ever happened to me, converting my laptop into a wifi hotspot and sharing the internet connection with everyone. Connectify 2.1 has made this even better by supporting more wireless devices. Check out the supported wireless devices to see if yours can be used.
Connectify is an easy to use software router for Windows 7 computers. After downloading and installing the lightweight application, Connectify utilizes your computers’ built in Wi-Fi card to wirelessly share any available Internet connection: a cable modem, a cellular card, or even another Wi-Fi network. Other Wi-Fi enabled devices including laptops, smart phones, music players, and gaming systems can see and join your Connectify hotspot just like any other Wi-Fi access point and are kept safe and secure by password-protected WPA2 Encryption.
New features in version 126.96.36.19910:
- Support for PS3 and XBox 360 clients
- Runs on Windows 7 Starter Edition
- Support for more wireless devices
- Can now share VPN connections
- Easy bug reporting: If something goes wrong, select “Submit Error Report” from the menu, and you can easily submit your issue, and a detailed log files back to us, so that we can help you.
You can also find them on Facebook.