Adobe has launched the Adobe Acrobat X software family, which includes Acrobat X, Reader X and Acrobat X Suite , together with new document exchange services at Acrobat.com. This will empower professionals to innovate and create higher quality content, driving tighter collaboration and productivity across teams in today’s dynamic business environments.
Update: For those who already purchased any of the Adobe Creative Suite 5, you will not be able to upgrade to Acrobat X. You’ll have to purchase the full version.
New Acrobat X Highlighted Features
- Automate routine, multi-step tasks with new guided Actions and easily share them with coworkers and collaborators, reducing the burden of training.
- Change how users view, think and interact with content and its context with PDF Portfolios using new layouts, visual themes and color palettes.
- Maximize the power of Adobe Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat to easily create dynamic communications with the new Acrobat X Suite. Quickly capture, edit and combine digital content right from the desktop.
- Increase productivity across the organization with new Microsoft® SharePoint integration. Check-in, check-out PDF files for reviewing and editing shared documents.
- Streamline the process for large organizations to deploy, configure and manage updates and conform to ISO standards, in both Adobe Reader X and Acrobat X, including support for Microsoft SCCM and SCUP.
- Display the most commonly used tools all in one pane with the updated user interface.
New in Adobe Reader X
- Commenting is now available in Adobe Reader X, with Sticky Notes and Highlighter tools available to all users.
- Expands PDF access to mobile devices with free Adobe Reader X for Android, Windows® Phone 7 and Blackberry Tablet OS.
- Safer viewing of PDF files with new Protected Mode security capabilities in Reader X.
New Services via Acrobat.com
- Adobe SendNow, a valuable new document exchange service at Acrobat.com, enables users to send and receive large files and track them with proof of receipt, avoiding email gateway issues, complicated FTP servers, or the costs of expensive overnight mail.
- Adobe CreatePDF for easily converting files to professional PDF documents from within Adobe Reader X or any Web browser.