Aza Raskin, creative lead at Firefox, shares some tips and tricks about rapid prototyping at the Mozilla Drumbeat festival. It’s a very interesting presentation where Aza Raskin demonstrates of live rapid prototyping in front of everyone.
For those who do not want to sit through the 30-minutes romp and his rapid prototyping, here are the principals of prototyping that he explains fully in talk:
- Your first try will be wrong. Budget and design for it.
- Aim to finish a usable artifact in a day. This helps you focus and scope.
- You are making a touchable sketch. Do not fill in all the lines.
- You are iterating your solution as well as your understanding of the problem.
- Treat your code as throw-away, but be ready to refactor.
- Borrow liberally
- Tell a story with your prototype. It isn’t just a set of features.
Here are the slides: