Here are a few “guidelines” or “points” on making a good or great Windows Phone 7 app by Brandon Watson.
What makes a good Windows Phone 7 app?
- Start tiles, icons, splash screens & meta data
- Make sure your buttons are visible
- Managing themes on WP7
- Fingers can hit the targets and text is legible
- Feedback on touch and progress within your UI
- Understand pivots and panoramic views
- Use common controls
What makes a great Windows Phone 7 app?
- Live tiles
- Hub integration
- Push notification service
- Start screen pinning
- Location service
- Automatic updates
- Improve using analytics