Microsoft has officially delivered the new Surface SDK which allows developers not only to develop awesome applications for the new Surface hardware, but also for Windows touch-enabled PCs! Check out the new Surface Developer Center.
Get ready your Motorola XOOM and Motorola XOOM WiFi, fellow Singaporeans! You’ll be receiving an update from Android™ 3.0 to Android™ 3.1 over the air TODAY! This update provides exciting enhancements to enable users to get more from their Motorola XOOM and makes it even easier to create a PC-like environment for business users.
The over-the-air upgrade will trigger a notification window with the option for users to download the update immediately or at a later date. It can thereafter be downloaded manually by going to “Settings > About Tablet > System Updates”. The upgrade is about 40MB in size.
The most notable of the new features, the 3.1 update activates the SD card slot so users can expand the memory of their Motorola XOOM up to 64GB, with the addition of a 32GB SD card. This update also includes improved multi-tasking, providing instant visual access to a large number of applications as well as resizable home screen widgets.
Key highlights for Android 3.1 include:
- Improved multi-tasking providing instant visual access to a larger number of applications
- Resizable home screen widgets for Gmail, Calendar and Browser
- Both keyboard and mouse support, which allows simultaneous input for devices over Bluetooth® (in any combination)
- Support for most PC joysticks and gamepads that connect over USB or Bluetooth
- Picture transfer directly from camera, so users can connect their cameras over USB and import their pictures to the Gallery with a single touch
- New high-performance Wi-Fi lock lets applications maintain high-performance Wi-Fi connections even when the device screen is off
- Preloaded Adobe® Flash® Player, as well as File Manager.