With Adobe Flash Media Server 4.5, media publishers are able to expand their mobile reach via Flash-enabled devices and deliver content to Apple’s iPad and iPhone devices. Additionally, Adobe Flash Access 3.0 will enable content owners to deliver on-demand content with massive scale and strict studio-level security across a broad range of devices. The launch of these two solutions are aimed at streamlining the creation to delivery workflow for developers and publishers.
New features of Adobe Flash Media Server 4.5:
- Delivery to iPad and iPhone enables businesses to use the same media and live streams to deliver full adaptive bit-rate experiences to platforms supporting Flash, as well as Apple devices, including iPad and iPhone.
- Integrated Content Protection simplifies deployment and reduces infrastructure cost, enabling seamless streaming for advertising-funded online video.
- On-demand Stream Packaging eliminates the need to prepare and protect assets ahead of time, reducing complexity and storage costs and simplifying publishing for businesses so they can use one set of source video to reach multiple downstream devices.
New features of Adobe Flash Access 3.0:
- Support on Mobile Devices will include Android tablets and smartphones, as well as other mobile devices.
- Scalable License Delivery and in-band Key Rotation enables Multichannel Video Programming Distributors (MVPDs) and programmers to offer television experiences over IP, whether over the open Internet or on a managed network, at massive scale.
- Compatibility with Industry Standards including UltraViolet, an industry-standard cloud-based digital rights locker system that will allow consumers to create personal virtual video libraries and access them across multiple devices.