This is a video leak of the BlackBerry 9980, or also named as the BlackBerry Knight, R47 and Porche Proceeding. If this video is true, it seems to be that RIM has veered away from the traditional keypad style to a totally different and radical keypad design. The optical trackpad also seems to be replaced by a directional touch button, and it’s a lot faster and more responsive than the 9900. The back casing is coated with a rubbery texture for grip, much like on your BlackBerry Playbook.
This device appears to be running BlackBerry 7 OS, with Wi-fi, 3G and NFC. The browser shown around 2:30 seems to have faster loading, smoother scrolling, and very smooth pinch-to-zoom. The flash support seems to be faster and smoother too. The audio seems to be pretty loud too as seen/heard around 5:35. The device can take videos at 1280 x 720, and with the speed of taking photos (doesn’t seem to have auto-focus), I reckon it’s using a Extended Depth of Field (EDoF) camera.
That’s all I can get from the video. My mandarin isn’t that great, so if you caught something on the video that I didn’t mention, do leave a comment and tell us all about it.
So, do you think this is the BlackBerry 9980 or just a 9900 prototype? Do you like what you see?
- RIM launching 2 new Blackberry Bold and 3 new Blackberry Torch with Blackberry 7 OS
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 Available for Pre-orders now in Singapore, Release on 1st September
- Launch Event of the Blackberry Playbook in Singapore (Video)
- BlackBerry App World 3.0 Now Available
- BlackBerry PlayBook to support BlackBerry Java and Android apps