BlackBerry BBX is the next generation mobile platform that takes the best of the BlackBerry platform and the best of the QNX platform to connect people, devices, content and services.
The BlackBerry BBX platform will include BBX-OS, and will support BlackBerry cloud services and development environments for both HTML5 and native developers. BBX will also support applications developed using any of the tools available today for the BlackBerry PlayBook – including Native SDK, Adobe AIR/Flash and WebWorks/HTML5, as well as the BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps – on future BBX-based tablets and smartphones.
Additional announcements and highlights from BlackBerry DevCon Americas 2011 include:
- BlackBerry WebWorks and HTML5 apps compatible with current BlackBerry smartphones and tablets will run on future BBX-based devices - http://developer.
- Native SDK for BlackBerry PlayBook goes gold; released for general availability
- BlackBerry Cascades is a rich user interface framework coming to a future release of the Native SDK.
- SDK for Adobe AIR Now Supports Adobe AIR 3.0
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Developer Beta now available, includes BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps - https://bdsc.webapps.
- BlackBerry Open Source Initiative to port popular Open Source libraries to the BlackBerry PlayBook platform, like Bullet Physics and Box2DX, scripting languages like Lua, multimedia libraries like OpenAL and SDL, gaming frameworks like Cocos2DX and general-purpose libraries like Boost and Qt. - http://blackberry.