Red 5 Singapore announced that its highly-anticipated team-based shooter game, Firefall, is licensed to Garena Online for distribution across Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. The agreement is for a term of six years, during which Garena will pay Red 5 Singapore US$23 million, plus royalties, for the exclusive right to distribute Firefall.
Firefall is a free to play open-world cooperative shooter with deep character progression set in a science fiction world. With competitive multiplayer action and the only co-op gameplay to allow hundreds of players at a time in an open world, Firefall offers a truly unique triple-A gaming experience.
Firefall is expected to be released in December 2011.
- Free-to-Download, Free-to-Play – Purchase optional aesthetic enhancements
- Campaign and Instanced Content – Quests, missions, battlegrounds
- Challenging and Immersive – Multiplayer & Co-Op
- Customizable Gear and Abilities – Battleframes, weapons, armies
- Dynamic World Events and Missions
- Integrated e-Sports – Compete in tournaments or be a spectator
- Massive Open World – See it, go there!
- Online Persistent World – Always accessible
- Social/Massive Co-Op – Hundreds of players
- Superior Graphics – Alive, varied, and colorful world