Following the same design as the Dell XPS 14, the Dell XPS 13 packs the same edge-to-edge display and slim bezel allowing a 13.3-inch display be in a similar size of an 11-inch product. Made out of aluminium and carbon fibre, the Dell XPS 13 boots in seconds and all-day battery life (read 8 hours in optimal conditions).
The Dell XPS 13 will be available in selected markets from March 2012 onwards.
Detailed specifications after the break.
- Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71”/6-18mm) with Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium; precision machined aluminum with a carbon fiber composite base
- Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
- 13.3” HD WLED, 300-nit (1366×768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla Glass
- Intel HD 3000 video graphics
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory
- 128 GB SSD or 256GB SSD drive options
- Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard; glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
- High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
- Built-in 47WHr 6-cell battery (Dell XPS 13 batteries are built into the laptop and are not replaceable by the customer) offering up to eight hours, fifty-three minutes of battery life; 45W AC adaptor
- USB 3.0 + USB 2.0 with PowerShare, mini Display-Port, and headset jack
- Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
- Dell ProSupport for business customers, Dell Configuration Services and Windows Trusted Platform Module options for commercial models
- Dimensions: Height: 0.24-0.71” (6-18mm) / Width: 12.4” (316mm) / Depth 8.1” (205mm); Weight: starting at 2.99lbs (1.36 kg)