National Geographic Channel is seeking budding young photographers to redefine Culture and Heritage through the camera lenses! Open to ages between 13 – 25 years, participants who have sent in their photographs stand to win a FULLY PAID photo-trail to Bali and a Canon EOS 600D Digital SLR camera. Members of the public can also vote for their favourite photos and WIN a Canon PIXMA Photo printer and a complimentary night’s stay in one of Bali’s luxurious resorts!
Also, sign up for a seminar with archaeology expert Ira Block who will share the many experiences of dinosaur fossils and mummies in Peru and on-site photography experience with Canon Singapore resident photography instructor Jino Lee!
- Date: 7th May 2012
- Venue: Republic Polytechnic
- Time: 10am – 12pm / 2pm – 4pm
- How to get there: Click here
Details of the National Geographic Channel Young Photographer Awards Photography Competition:
Theme of Photography contest: Culture and Heritage
This contest is open to students residing in Singapore and Malaysia during point of entering into the competition. There are 2 contest categories which the students can participate in:
- Category A: Secondary Schools (13 – 17 years old)
- Category B: Tertiary Institutions (17 – 25 years old)
- Photo submission for contest: 16th January 2012 to 25th March 2012
- Public voting: 29th March 2012 to 25th April 2012.
60 shortlisted photo entries from Singapore and Malaysia will be presented for public voting.
- Winners’ Announcement: 8th May 2012.
8 Grand Prize winner will be announced, 4 winners each from Singapore and Malaysia respectively. In addition, there will be 2 Voter’s Choice Winners and 2 Lucky Voters.