SamKnows is an international broadband research specialist and they are doing a survey that’s backed by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA). It’s the “Singapore’s first objective broadband performance benchmark study”, and they are looking for 900 volunteers to participate.
The study will help identify areas for improvement to ISPs, a vital step in bringing top-notch internet services to local users. As part of the study, volunteers will receive reliable reports about the service they are receiving which can be used by ISPs to diagnose issues with an Internet connection.
Volunteers can sign up for the study anytime by visiting: http://www.samknows.sg. They will be sent a small, purpose-built ‘Whitebox’ device that plugs into their internet connection. When a volunteer’s broadband line is not in use, the Whitebox runs a series of automated tests to measure the speed and performance of the connection. The device only tracks bandwidth speeds and does not collect or track personal internet usage.
For more Information about this study, go to http://www.ida.gov.sg/
- M1 launches new mData mobile broadband plans
- SingTel Priority Pass Mobile Broadband Service
- StarHub offering Free Xbox 360 “Kinect Star Wars” console bundle with Broadband Subscription
- SingTel Priority 7.2Mbps Mobile Broadband Service Speed Test
- Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Wireless Router Available in Singapore