Since its introduction to the world at a global launch event in New York City early in 2013, the Energy Boost running shoe has revolutionised the running world. Featuring the ground-breaking cushioning technology BOOST™, which provides the highest energy return in the running industry, it has set a new benchmark for adidas running footwear, which was honoured with the Runner’s World 2013 Best Debut award and at a global marathon in Tokyo, Adidas BOOST™ took home the crown.
BOOST™ is being rolled out to more adidas running products and colours. BOOST™ cushioning is now also available in adistar and adizero running footwear. BOOST™ foam will replace the common EVA material in all adidas running performance shoes by 2015.
The key to the BOOST™ innovation lies in thousands of small energy capsules which make up the footwear’s distinctive midsole. With their unique cell structure, these capsules store and unleash energy more efficiently in every stride and maintains its performance in almost any condition, at unparalleled levels and over hundreds of kilometres.
The shoe’s upper features adidas Techfit technology with highly durable and elastic polyurethane, providing optimal comfort and support to the entire foot while in motion. A stretch, breathable mesh material offers the fit of a sock, while engineered powerbands across the upper provide targeted support and stabilise the foot where needed when moving.
- The BOOST™ foam material combines previously contradicting performance benefits of soft and responsive cushioning.
- The energy return is provided by energy capsules in the midsole which store and release energy.
- BASF, the world’s leading chemical company, solid granular material (TPU) is literally blown up and turned into small energy capsules which make up the shoe’s distinctive midsole.
- A extreme temperatures from +40 to -20 degrees Celsius, BOOST™ foam performs more consistently and does not lose its cushioning properties like standard EVA.
- Additional adidas technology featured in the Energy Boost includes: a special mid-foot support frame which cradles the foot in place, an extended TORSION® system from heel to toe which helps to minimise roll for more stability; an adiwear outsole which reduces wear in key sole areas and extends the life of the shoe; and an external heel counter which maximises the heel fit and comfort during the run.
- Energy Boost is miCoach compatible.