Come 2014, you will be able to make payment with your mobile phones at more than 12,000 locations in Singapore and more than 100,000 locations in Australia. Visa and SingTel has just announced their mobile payment alliance, which just expanded the network of retailers accepting SingTel’s mCash. Any retailer with VISA paywave will be able to accept payment with a tap of your mobile phone as well, allowing you to leave your cards and cash at home.
In order to make payment with the tap of your mobile phone, you need to:
- Ensure you have a NFC ready phone
- Get a NFC enabled Sim card from SingTel
- Download Singtel mWallet from the App Store or Google Play.
- Top-up your mCash at any AXS station, SingTel Retail Shop, or at the mRemit store at Lucky Plaza #01-26/27
- Activate your Ez-Link function in your app
- Apply for DBS One.Tap MasterCard with DBS through DBS/POSB iBanking or mBanking. Select DBS One.Tap Application and submit your details. You will receive a confirmation SMS from DBS within 24 hours from your date of application. You will also receive an SMS from DBS once your DBS One.Tap MasterCard is ready for download.
As of now, SingTel’s mWallet is a virtual EZ-link card you can use for transport and a virtual MasterCard which allows you to use it at any retail outlet that accepts MasterCard PayPass and for online transactions.
For more information, please visit www.singtel.com/mcommerce.