The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 4G+ and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ 4G+ was announced earlier today. Both devices come with a 5.7″ Quad HD Super AMOLED display, Advanced Camera System, fast wireless charging (down from 180 mins to 120 mins), Ultra High Quality (UHQ) audio and 4G+ LTE Cat 9.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 4G+ with Enhanced S Pen
The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 4G+ is an upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy Note line. Inspired by the Samsung Galaxy S6 4G+, it ergonomically fits in one hand with a narrower bezel and curved back.
The Enhanced S Pen is the key differentiating factor for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 4G+, with several new features including improved writing capabilities, and detection for faster, more intuitive access to its features.
The Enhanced S Pen features include:
- Enhanced Air Command launches immediately upon removal of the S Pen, allowing access to Action Memo, Smart Select, Screen Write in addition to 3 favourite app shortcuts
- Screen Write allows users to “Scroll Capture” up to 22 webpages and annotate
- Smart Select makes image clipping easier by saving the URL with a photo cropped from the website into the Scrapbook app
- Screen Off Memo allows users to jot down quick memos even when the screen is off
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ 4G+ featuring Dual Edge Display
The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ 4G+ features Apps Edge for easy access to favourite apps and Enhanced People Edge for easy communication with favourite contacts.
Key Features of both Samsung Galaxy Note 5 4G+ and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ 4G+
- VDIS (Video Digital Image Stabiliser) compliments the OIS (Optical Image Stabiliser) when taking videos, resulting in a smooth video capture even when moving (as seen in the above video).
- Built-in Fast Wireless Charging allows the phones to be wirelessly charged with the Fast Wireless Charging Pad faster than the previous versions – from 180 mins to 120 mins from zero to full charge. This is not forward compatible with the older devices.
- Ultra High Quality (UHQ) Audio converts normal quality audio to UHQ audio through sound upscaling technology, together with a dedicated audio clock which minimises sound distortion and noise.
- SideSync 4.0 offers wireless PC-smartphone integration for seamless cross-device connections.
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 4G+ will be available in Singapore from 15 August 2015 in Black Sapphire and Gold Platinum, with 32GB and 64GB storage options, at a recommended retail price of S$1,088 and S$1,188 respectively.
Customers who purchase a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 4G+ from 15 August 2015 at local telco operators, authorised retailers and Samsung Experience Stores will enjoy a complimentary Fast Wireless Charging Pad (White only) worth S$98 and Clear Cover (Silver only) worth S$48 while stocks last.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ 4G+ will be available in Singapore from 22 August 2015 in Black Sapphire and Gold Platinum, with 32GB and 64GB storage options, at a recommended retail price of S$1,188 and S$1,288 respectively.
Compatible accessories for both devices are also available at the following recommended retail price:
- Clear View Cover: S$88 in Blue Black, Gold and Silver
- S View Cover: S$68 in Blue Black, White, Gold and Silver
- Level On Wireless Pro: S$418 in Gold and Black
- Fast Wireless Charging Pad: S$98 in White and Black