The next generation Samsung Galaxy Note7 combines both style and innovative features and top of the line security capabilities while improving the existing S Pen capabilities to make it closer to a real pen-like experience.
- Iris Scanning, which took 5 years to improve, in addition to fingerprint scanning, can be used to unlock the home screen, sign in easily to websites using Samsung Pass, securely authenticate Samsung Pay, and access the new secure folder.
- Enhanced S Pen with screen off memo, smart select function to create and share GIFs, new air command functions like magnify and translate while hovering, and an updated Samsung Notes app to store all your S Pen notes.
- IP68-certified water and dust resistant capabilities for both the Samsung Galaxy Note7 and S Pen – 5 feet of water for 30 minutes.
- Gorilla Glass 5, 5.7″ QHD SUPER AMOLED, 3D dual-edge curved screen that wraps around the phone, High Dynamic Range (HDR) video streaming ready.
- Dual Nano SIM card support – one 4G and one 2G (upgrade to 3G in Q4 through a soft water update) or one nano SIM + external memory card up to 256GB.
- 64-bit octacore processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB base storage, built-in wireless charging, USB 3.1 Type-C connector (comes with a micro-USB converter), 3,500 mAh battery.
- Samsung Cloud 15GB of free space.
- Comes in 4 colours – Blank Onyx, Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium and Blue Coral (Not available on launch in Singapore)
What happened to the Samsung Galaxy Note6
To be in-line with the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, Samsung has decided to skip Note6 to follow the same number as the rest of the flagship devices.
The feel of the Samsung Galaxy Note7 is a huge improvement, with symmetric curves on both sides making it comfortable to hold onto the phone (as opposed to the Galaxy Edge models). I was very impressed with the speed of the iris scanning, which uses infra-red on the front of the phone, which allows scanning even with glasses and contact lenses (but not coloured contacts). However, the iris scanning won’t work with heavily dark sunglasses.
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Note7 will be available from 20th August 2016 at an RRP of SGD1,168, in colour options of Blank Onyx, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium.
Compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note7, the new Samsung Galaxy Note7 Lens kit will be available at an RRP OF SGD198, consist of 1 x protective lens cover, 1 x Wide-Angle lens (108 angle), 1 x Telephoto lens (2x optical zoom).
The following Samsung Galaxy Note7 accessories will be available:
– LED View Cover, RRP SGD78
– S View Standing Cover, RRP SGD68
– Clear View Cover, RRP SGD68
– Leather Cover, RRP SGD48
– Backpack, RRP SGD128
– Starter Kit, RRP SGD168
Pre-order / Registration of Interest
Registration of interest with telcos for the Samsung Galaxy Note7 will commence from 3 August 2016, Wednesday, 12pm.
You can list the Samsung Experience Stores from 3 August 2016 during opening hours to pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Note7 (without contract) by placing a $50 deposit per device:
– Central: 313@Somerset, Bugis Junction, Chinatown Point, Great World City, Paragon, VivoCity
– East: Bedok Mall, Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3, Parkway Parade, Tampines Mall
– North: AMK Hub, Causeway Point, NEX
– West: Jurong Point, Westgate
Starting from 3 August 2016, 12pm, pre-orders are also available online at:
– Best Denki: go.bestdenki.com.sg/galaxynote7
– Hachi: www.hachi.tech/galaxynote7
– Courts: www.courts.com.sg/galaxynote7
– Gain City: www.gaincity.com/galaxynote7
– Harvey Norman: www.harveynorman.com.sg/galaxynote7
– Newstead: www.newstead.com.sg/galaxynote7
– Lazada Singapore: www.lazada.sg/samsung-sg/galaxynote7
Pre-order for the Samsung Galaxy Note7 will also be available at the Galaxy Studio from 3 August 2016, 7pm, with a $50 deposit and choice of collection point from either Galaxy Studio or any Samsung Experience Stores on 19 August 2016.
All successful pre-order customers will receive a complimentary Samsung Galaxy Note7 Lens Kit worth SGD198 during collection on 19 August 2016.