Fans of Imagine Dragons have good reason to be excited this month. In an unprecedented move, the band has tied up with Adobe to turn over full creative license to its fans to produce the music video for their next smash hit, “Believer”. Yes, you read that right – In celebration of the 25th anniversary of Adobe Premier Pro, Imagine Dragons is giving fans the opportunity to edit and product a music video for them, based off uncut footage filmed earlier! This is the first-ever crowdsourced music video competition, called “Make the Cut”.
Of course, the work will need to be judged – and by no less than the best in the industry. This includes people like Academy Award Winner Angus Wall, who edited films like Fight Club and Vinnie Hobbs, a music video editor who works with superstars Kendrick Lamar and Kanye.
Be quick, because the deadline is April 8th, 2017.
- Website: https://www.makethecut.adobe.com/
- Deadline: April 8th, 2017
- Grand Prize: $25,000
- Comes with video assets and Adobe Premiere Pro CC Trial
- Music Video must be no longer than 4 mins
- Judging Criteria: Originality & Creativity (40%); Use of Adobe Premiere Pro (35%); and Overall Appeal of Video (25%)