I’m looking for a new job. If you’re looking to hire an experienced technologist, feel free to email me at triplez AT justinlee DOT sg.
Email: triplez AT justinlee DOT sg
Cell: +65 9843 3861 (Singapore)
- Presented cumulatively to more than 1350 developers internationally.
- Proactive community leadership.
- Versatile, both in a team and as a leader.
- Awarded Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (Visual Developer C#) from 2005 – 2011.
- Exceptional development and analytical technology skills.
- Passionate in cultivating emerging technologies to solve problems.
- Rapid learner and productive time and project manager.
- Works well independently.
- Deep understanding of Social Media and Digital Media.
TECHNOLOGY, RESEARCH & COMMUNITY INITIATIVES
July 2009 – Present
Oct 2009 – Present
July 2009 – Present
LinuxNUS Core Team
July 2009 – July 2010
Porting the Louis Protocol
Jan 2007 – Apr 2007
- Louis Protocol is a location-based written originally for UNIX systems
- Researched on the possibility of porting to Windows, utilising the .NET Framework, and interoping with OpenSSL, NTL and GMP using C++/CLI.
Jump – A System for Interactive, Tangible Queries of Paper
Sept 2006 – Apr 2007
- Joint-research was extensively highlighted at the University of Waterloo’s School of Computer Science community.
- Research was presented at Graphics Interface 2007 Conference. http://hci.uwaterloo.ca/faculty/mterry/
Research in Cell Broadband Engine
Jun 2006 – Jun 2009
- CellPerformance is an online community that is monitored closely by Sony, Toshiba and IBM for its innovation and research on the Cell Broadband Engine.
- Current collaborations: optimizing algorithms and techniques for the Cell Broadband Engine. http://www.cellperformance.com/
Research in GUI Park – Undergraduate Research Assistant (University of Waterloo)
Feb 2006 – Apr 2006
- Assisted Professor Michael Terry on his research to create GUI Park, a distributed, shared interface/interaction builder.
Judge – .Net Best of Best Challenge 2006
- The .Net Best of Best Challenge (BOB) 2006 was the first .Net programming competition jointly organized by SGDOTNET, INETA and Singapore Computer Society (SCS).
Co-Founder – Singapore Silverlight Usergroup
2010 – Present
- Responsible for organizing regular meetings and technical discussions for the Singapore Silverlight Community.
- Maintain the Singapore Silverlight Community Facebook page.
Co-Founder – SgDotNet Usergroup
2004 – 2005
- Responsible for organizing regular meetings and technical discussions for the Singapore .Net Developer Community.
- Moderator for the Community Forums.
- Planned and organized partnerships with the Malaysian .Net Developer Community.
Member of Selection Committee – Imagine Cup 2005, 2010
- Imagine Cup is an annual international competition to showcase students’ innovative concepts for Information Technology.
Self-employed / Singapore (Jan 2011 – Present)
- Provided SharePoint 2010 software development consulting services to Zentech Solutions Pte Ltd.
- Provided digital media consulting services to Omnifluence Pte Ltd.
- Provided Silverlight 4.0 software development consulting services to Strategy & Conquest Games Pte Ltd.
- Provided advice and solutions to fix bugs and several missing features of a Silverlight web game application.
- Provided Windows Phone 7 software development consulting services to Chalkboard Pte Ltd.
- Developed a Windows Phone 7 Chalkboard advertisement Control for developers.
- Provided WPF and Windows Phone 7 software development consulting services to Stream Media Pte Ltd.
- Planned and managed a team of developers to create a Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) media-rich aggregation application.
- Planned and designed the architecture for Windows Phone 7 version of MoVend.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Contentshare Pte Ltd / Singapore (June 2010 – Jan 2011)
- Managed, upgraded, revamped, and redesigned (together with a designer) various existing Microsoft SharePoint 2007 sites to Microsoft SharePoint 2010.
- Created a twitter-like Windows Gadget that uses Microsoft SharePoint as a data storage.
- Managed and developed a marketing campaign site with Microsoft SharePoint 2007.
- Identified problems for clients in Microsoft SharePoint related domains and providing solutions.
- Provided Sharepoint 2007 and 2010 software development consulting services to Microsoft Singapore – Business and Marketing Operations.
SOFTWARE PROJECT CONSULTANT
InCampus Pte Ltd / Singapore (Sep 2009 – May 2010)
- Created a Resource Management System for a film company using ASP.NET, JQuery, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Created a location-based Google Android game templating system. • Identified problems for clients in education and research domains and providing solutions.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
ObjectSharp Consulting / Toronto, Canada (Jul 2007 – May 2009)
- Created interface to connect an existing source control technology to Visual Studio Team Foundation server.
- Assisted in identifying problems in business and financial domains and providing solutions.
- Developed front-facing SharePoint website for corporations.
- Involved in speaking engagements (please see Speaking Engagements section for details).
- Engaged in teaching Microsoft Technologies courses nation-wide (e.g. SQL Server 2005 – Best Practices for Developers).
- Led the customized conversion from traditional document management system to SharePoint 2007. • Provided development expertise and mentoring services to clients.
NetAssist Services Pte Ltd / Singapore (Aug 2005 – Sep 2005)
- Authored course materials in the new .Net languages, C# and Visual Basic .Net.
- Created course materials for new Microsoft Technology, ASP.Net and ADO.Net. • Customized course materials for customers needs as to customer learning expectations.
- Conducted training for customized courses.
- Provided customer with an overview of Microsoft .Net Technology for customer understanding and implementation to achieve individual proficiency.
Singtel Pte Ltd / Singapore (May 2005 – Aug 2005)
- Created web application front-end with a backend workflow to facilitate communication and work process.
- Analyzed existing application bottlenecks, design and develop solutions to improve application productivity and efficiency.
- Designed the workflow structured based on customer requirements, and further improvements were added based on customer feedbacks.
- Designed and developed an intermediate layer to communicate between the application front and the database.
- Developed an online spreadsheet that mimics Microsoft Excel functionalities with further improved features.
- The application developed is based on Microsoft .Net and the language used is C#.
The Leaf WebWerks Pte Ltd / Singapore (Jan 2005 – May 2005)
- Coordinated requirements canvassing for customers, to ensure that application are developed based on customer’s needs.
- Managed and conducted application architecture meetings with developers to clarify solution architecture and feasible solution feature adaptations.
- Liaised with customers ensuring the solutions are feasible.
- Responsible for project management – budgeting, scheduling and implementation.
- Conducted User Acceptance Tests and customer satisfaction surveys to ensure that the solution meets the customers’ expectations. All projects achieved 99% customer satisfaction.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
Anglo Chinese Schools / Singapore (Nov 2002 – Dec 2002)
- Conducted I.T. training to students (e.g. Use of Microsoft Office, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Fireworks).
- Course curriculum development.
- Assisted hardware and software technical support to teachers.
Digiscient Technologies Pte Ltd / Singapore (May 2002 – Aug 2002)
- Designed and developed a Short Message Service (SMS) Server and Client gateway solution to be sold for future mobile advertising.
- Designed the SMS Server API architecture and developed it using Java, JBoss, Apache HTTP Server and MySQL, and interfaced the GSM modem using Linux (Red Hat).
- Programmed a C++ and Java compatible SMS Client API architecture. • Designed and developed customized SMS solutions based on customers’ requirements.
Please visit my Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Profile (https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/justin.lee) or my “Speaking Engagement” page (http://justinlee.sg/curriculum-vitae/speaking-engagements/) for detailed listing of my speaking engagements.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (Honours) at University of Waterloo / Canada – 2007
- Diploma in Electronic & Computer Engineering (Computer Focus) at Ngee Ann Polytechnic / Singapore – 2002
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION, AWARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Awarded Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (Visual Developer C#) – 2005 – 2011
- Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.Net)
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (.Net)
- Proficient with Microsoft .Net Framework.(1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0,3.5,3.5 SP1).
- Proficient with Microsoft .Net Languages (C#, Visual Basic, J#, F#).
- Proficient with C, C++, and Java.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 Enterprise and Developer Edition.
- Proficient with Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 2008.
- Experienced with Ubuntu, Red Hat and Slackware Linux systems.
IN THE NEWS
Please visit my “In The News” page (http://justinlee.sg/curriculum-vitae/in-the-news/) for more details on my features on TV, newspapers and magazines.