I just (like an hour ago) had a huge problem as shown above in the video of not being able to log in to my Mac OS X Lion (it’s not my video, but it shows the same problem). The problem is a corrupted profile or something like that. I didn’t find out the reason why that happened.
Here are the “possible” steps to go around solving this problem, as I have.
- Boot into recovery and do a disk verify and repair under disk utility.
- Somehow get root access (or if you can log in as administrator) to log into your Mac OS X (I was lucky enough to have root enabled).
- Go to Users & Groups preferences -> Unlock to make changes -> Right Click on your profile -> Advanced Options (see picture above).
- Click on “Create New” beside the “UUID” as seen above.
- You should be able to log in again.
That’s it. If anyone knows how to change the UUID in terminal, that will really help those who can’t get past step 2.