Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V is one of the first new products to launch with the new software and will include all the features like Google Talk with Video Chat, 3D sweep panorama and enhanced Facebook inside Xperia functionality. Building on the success of the original Sony Ericsson Xperia neo launched earlier this year, Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V takes the latest Android software for smartphones and the best of Sony entertainment experiences, including Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, to even more markets. Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V will be available in Asia-Pacific, including Singapore, from Q4 2011.
Sony Ericsson will also be releasing a comprehensive upgrade to its 2011 Sony Ericsson Xperia smartphone range to include new functionality and features starting from October 2011:
- All 2011 Sony Ericsson Xperia smartphones will be upgraded to the Android 2.3.4 version of the Gingerbread platform with new features including Google Talk with Video Chat for smartphones with front-facing cameras.
- Updated Facebook inside Xperia functionality for enhanced like, share and discover abilities.
- Xperia smartphones introducing world’s first 3D sweep panorama functionality powered by Sony.
- The software upgrade enables consumers to turn their Xperia smartphone into a mini-mobile PC by connecting USB peripherals (mouse, keyboard or game controller) to Sony Ericsson LiveDock multimedia station. Connect the smartphone to a TV via HDMI to get a big screen experience.
- Swipe text input – text input by swiping the finger from one letter to the next.
- Screen capture – allows the user to share a screen grab from anywhere in the phone.
Detailed specifications of the Sony Ericsson neo V after the break: